IS IT POSSIBLE TO PREDICT MARKET MOVEMENTS?
There are many forecast methods and techniques, but the two core methods are technical and fundamental analysis. Technical analysis is based on chart patterns identification, while fundamental analysis focuses on economic and political factors such as interest rates, employment, inflation etc.
HOW CAN I LEARN HOW TO MAKE MARKET FORECASTS?
There is vast literature regarding Forex forecast methods, but besides the theory, you will definitely need some practice. We provide our clients both theoretical and practical seminars, which are designed to assist individuals to form a clear understanding on what is going on in financial markets and most important, to be able to predict future market changes.
WHY AM I NOT ASKED TO LOG-IN EACH TIME I RUN THE TRADING PLATFORM?
OFor this you will need to change the settings within the trading platform. Make sure that you remember your password, and have it ready to use. Click on the menu tab and locate the section "File/Log in" where you must unselected the "Keep private data / Login" checked box. Now, when you run the trading platform on your computer, you will need to enter your log in and password.
WHAT IS A LOCKED POSITION?
- A locked position is a tactic often adopted by financial market participants to prevent large losses, without closing the position.
- For example, you have opened a short position of 2.00 lots on EUR/USD.
- Let's assume that the market is moving against you, but you think that this is a short-term market condition and your indicators show that after a while a “rollover” will occur.
- In this case, you can open a long position of 2.00 lots without any additional margin requirements. This way, you can stop the growth of losses on your short position at the expense of your long position.
- While waiting for the rollover to occur, you can close your long position and keep your short position.
WHAT IS A GAP?
Gap refers to a gap in prices that happens when the price of a financial instrument makes a rapid upward or downward movement with no transaction occurring in between.
WHY SOMETIMES ORDERS ARE NOT EXECUTED, DESPITE THE FACT THAT THEIR PRICES APPEAR ON THE CHART?
- You should remember that charts in the trading platform are built according to bidding. Therefore, "high" is the maximal bid and "low" is the minimal bid.
- For example, if you have a pending order for GBP/JPY for a buy-limit at the price of 140.00, it will be executed at the "Ask" price. When the position reaches the price limit of 140.00, the chart will not open, because the "Ask" price would be 140.08 at the moment (spread for GBP/ JPY equals to 8 points). Only when the chart price reaches 139.92 and below, the order will be executed.
- For your convenience, you can mark the “Ask” line to be displayed on the chart. To do this, right click on the "Properties" indication and then check the box next to "Show Ask Line".
WHY DOES THE OPENING PRICE DIFFER FROM THE PRICE I INDICATED IN THE ORDER?
- On the "Go to the market" section, check the option "Enable maximum deviation from quoted price”. If it is active and there are, for example, 5 points in the "Maximum rate" field, this means that after the dealer gets your order and if the market conditions change, the dealer can offer you to open the position at a price which will differ by 5 points from the price you indicated in the order. When this happens, the trading platform automatically accepts this price.
- For example:
- You send an order for opening a short position on EUR/USD at the price of 1.3350.
- The dealer gets your order, evaluates the market and decides to offer you a price of 1.3345.
- The trading platform automatically accepts the dealer's offer and the position opens at the price of 1.3345.
- If you don't want this situation to be repeated and you would like to receive all dealer's offers on your trading platform, you should unselect the check box next to "Enable maximum deviation from quoted price".
WHY WERE MY POSITIONS CLOSED WITHOUT MY PERMISSION?
Open positions can be whether profitable or unprofitable. If the market is moving against you and the level of your margin security reaches or even goes below 10%, the dealer has the right to close all your positions or part of them on his own discretion, without your permission.
WHAT IS A SWAP? HOW ARE SWAP POINTS CALCULATED?
- Trade deals in the Forex market are conducted on spot. This means that all transactions made today must be implemented through the supply amount of the base currency on the second business day. In case of margin trading, there is no physical settlement and to avoid this, you need to make a swap deal, i.e. close the position at the current rate of the value of the previous date and re-open it at the closing rate with swap points of the new opening date. When you swap in the MetaTrader 4 trading platform, there is no option for opening and closing transactions (this is inconvenient for traders) and swap points are accrued or withdrawn. Therefore, the value of the current date (currency supply) is transferred to the next business day.
- You can find out the size of swap points for each financial instrument on the "Trade Terms" section.
- Let’s consider an example of a swap transaction.
- You open a short position of 1 lot (100,000 EUR) on EUR/USD at the price of 1.3700. The size of swap points for the short EUR/USD position is + 0, 3200.
- At 23:59, the system opens a swap position with the cost of swap points charged on your account by using the formula:
- Swap = Lots х Short Pips х Pip Size
- "Lots" stands for the volume of the open position (1.00 in our example);
- "Short Pips" stand for the size of swap points (+ 0, 3200 in our example);
- "Pip Size" stands for the cost of one point in the currency deposit (10$ in our example).
- The result is:
- Swap =1.00 х (+0, 3200) х 10$ = +3.2
- This sum will be displayed in your trading platform on the “Swap” section and added to your trading account at the closing position.
- When carrying over a position from Wednesday to Thursday, a triple swap is accrued, due to the fact that the second business day after Friday is Monday, as the value date of Friday is postponed to Saturday, then from Saturday to Sunday and finally from Sunday to Monday.
WHAT IS A TRAILING STOP? HOW CAN I USE IT?
- You need a stop loss to minimize your losses, in case that the price of a financial instrument moves against you. When your open position becomes profitable, the stop loss can be moved into the profitable zone for more profit making. In this scenario, you can move the stop loss manually, by using the Trailing Stop tool, which allows you to automate the process.
- For example, you open a long position of 3 lots on EUR/USD, with an opening rate of 1.3650. You set the stop loss at 1.3600 and activate the trailing stop tool at the level of 15 points (right click on the position "Trailing Stop" / "15 points"). As soon as the EUR/USD rate crosses 1.3665, the trading platform automatically sends an order to change the stop loss at 1.3650. With every movement of the price - 1.3665, 1.3666, 1.3667… - the trading platform will automatically move the stop level according to the market movement- 1.3650, 1.3651, 1.3652...
- You set the trailing stop manually on your trading platform, not on the server. The trailing stop tool is connected only to one open position.
- Pay attention though, because the trailing stop works only when the trading platform is switched on.
HOW CAN I RESUME SETTINGS AND INDICATORS IN A NEW CHART?
- The trading platform has a function for saving templates. It allows you to save all your chart settings (custom and technical indicators, line tools, your advisor and his settings, colour scheme, etc.).
- To create a template, you should click on "Charts"/ "Templates" / "Save Template". This template will be available in the future to create any chart you want.
- In case that you haven’t managed to save the templates, you have to restore the chart settings manually.
WHAT IS THE VALIDITY PERIOD OF A DEMO ACCOUNT?
The validity period of a demo account has 14 days duration and is automatically renewed for the exact same period with every time you successfully log in. The demo account will be deleted only in case you haven't logged in for 14 consecutive days and, vice versa, it won’t be deleted as long as you log in for at least one time every 14 days.
WHAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM IF THE PLATFORM FREEZES?
- Most likely, you are using a big number of built-in indicators for your technical analysis and the trading platform is not able to properly update data received from the server.
- To resolve this problem, you need to rationalise the number of indicators you use. This will facilitate the operation of your trading platform.
WHAT IS THE LIVE UPDATE WINDOW APPEARING ON THE TRADING PLATFORM?
- The trading platform has a built-in automatic update system called “LiveUpdate”. It is used in order to upgrade the program to the latest versions with the most prompt manner.
- Click on the "Upgrade" button and wait until the trading platform upgrades to the latest version. After the update is completed, click “Restart”.
- We highly advice that you do not ignore the upgrade message, as it may lead to the malfunction of the trading platform.
WHAT IS THE EASIEST WAY TO CHECK ON OLD EXCHANGE RATE CHARTS?
To start with, you should unselect the “Auto Scroll” function, by clicking on "Charts" and then "Auto Scroll". Then select D1 period and press “Enter”. The fast navigation bar will appear in the bottom left corner of the window, where you should insert your desired date, in YYYY.MM.DD format (e.g. 2001/09/11) and press “Enter”. After that, you will be immediately transported to the desired time period.
HOW CAN I ENLARGE THE CHARACTERS ON “MARKET REVIEW”?
For this, you will need to right click on the "Market review" button and select "Quotation window" from the pop-up menu or press “F10”. Then, right click again on the “Quotation window” and select “Properties” from the pop-up menu. From there you can easily change the settings according to your desire (select font size, colour, background, etc.).
HOW CAN I CLOSE PART OF MY OPENED POSITIONS?
You will have to double-click on the part of the position that you want to close, select your trading volume (e.g. 1.00) and press the “Close” button. After your position is segregated, a new position will be generated for the order on the “Left in the market” section.
A PART OF THE GRAPHICS ON THE CHART IS MISSING. HOW CAN I UPDATE THE GRAPHICS?
This situation may happen, if the internet connection with the trading server is unstable.
In order to update the chart, you will need to right click on it and select "Update" from the pop-up menu. You will then have to restart the trading platform.
CAN I GET A REPORT OF THE COMPLETED TRANSACTIONS?
Yes, you can. To get the report, right click on the "Transactions History" tab and select "Save as a report" / "Save as a detailed report" from the pop-up menu.
WHY CAN’T I VIEW MY TRANSACTION HISTORY?
- This happens at the beginning of each calendar month. The trading platform regards every new month as a new reporting period and thus, all previous transactions are being hidden.
- To display your previous transactions on the trading platform, right click on the “Transaction History” section and select "All History" from the pop-up menu.
WHAT TIME ZONE DOES THE METATRADER TRADING PLATFORM USES?
The MetaTrader platform works according to the UTC time zone (Coordinated Universal Time) + 2:00 (UTC +2). UTC is identical to the GMT wintertime, but unlike GMT, it is not divided into winter and summer time.
WHY CAN'T I SEE ALL PARTS OF THE NEWS IN THE TRADING PLATFORM?
This is normal, as some of the news you receive on your trading platform from the Dow Jones news agency consist only of a title.
HOW CAN I FIND THE TOOLS I NEED ON THE MARKET REVIEW WINDOW?
- To find the tools, you will need to right click on the “Market Review” window and select “Symbols” from the pop-up menu. On the new opened window, you will be able to see all the trading tools available for your account and display or hide the ones you want.
- In order to display all available financial tools on the “Market Review” section, right click on the window and select “Display all symbols” from the pop-up menu.
HOW CAN I CHANGE MY TRADING ACCOUNT PASSWORD?
- The trading platform provides the option for changing your master or investor password. All you need to do is select “Tools”/”Settings”/ “Change” on the trading platform and insert your new password in the password field.
- It is important to make sure that the security of your password is high enough, by selecting one that is complex and consists of at least five characters, as well as numbers, uppercase and lowercase letters. If you fail to comply with this requirement, you may not be able to get a new password.
HOW CAN I OPEN A DEMO ACCOUNT?
- After successfully installing the trading platform, you need to click on the menu tab and locate the section "File" / "Open Account", where you must fill in all the mandatory fields and check the box next to "I agree to receive the news on my e-mail" / "Next" / "Next".
- As a last step, you need to create a number for your new demo account, as well as two passwords – one for the master account and one for the investor account. You complete the process by clicking on “Finish".
- Then, you will receive a welcoming letter into your TeleTrade mail box, including your personal data, username, and master and investor passwords (be careful not to confuse it with your regular e-mail account).
WHAT WINDOWS VERSION DOES THE TRADING PLATFORM REQUIRE?
- The MetaTrader 4 trading platform is running on Windows 2000, Windows 2003, Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7.
WHAT SHOULD I DO IF MY COMPUTER, WHICH IS CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET THROUGH A ROUTER, CANNOT CONNECT TO THE TRADING SERVER?
- Connection problems mostly occur in corporate networks. To resolve this problem, all you have to do is contact your system administrator and ask him to add the trading server’s address to your allowed list.
- Besides, the router itself has its own built-in firewall, which can interfere with the normal operation of the trading platform. To deal with this issue, you can disable the firewall (system administrators rarely agree to do this) or open port 443.
WHAT TYPE OF INTERNET CONNECTION SHOULD I USE?
- The internet connection should be stable, as a possible communication failure with the trading server may lead to unpredictable consequences. The most reliable connection is a dedicated line.
- In case that you use GPRS, we recommend reading carefully the terms and conditions of this service, as you will not be able to control you trading account through Internet in places that there is no GPRS coverage.
WHAT CONNECTION PARAMETERS SHOULD I USE TO CONNECT TO THE SERVER?
If you downloaded the software from our website, it is already properly configured. Therefore, there is no need to use any connection parameters to connect to the MetaTrader 4 platform.
WHAT DOES THE “MARKET IS CLOSED” MESSAGE MEANS?
“Market is closed” means that the trading session on the specific financial instrument has closed. You can find a schedule of financial markets trading sessions on our website.
WHAT SHOULD I DO IF THE “NEW ORDER” BUTTON ON THE TOOL BAR IS INACTIVE?
This may happen in cases that you log in by using your investor password. In order to carry out the trading transaction successfully, you need to log in by using your master password.
WHAT SHOULD I DO IN CASE THAT THE ACTIVATION CODE DOES NOT APPEAR ON THE TRADING PLATFORM OR IF I ACCIDENTALLY DELETED IT?
In case that the activation code does not appear, you need to scan your password and your account number and e-mail it to email@example.com. After verifying and confirming your personal data, we will send you the activation code via e-mail.
WHAT IS THE PROBLEM WHEN THE “BUSY TRADE FLOW” MESSAGE APPEARS?
The “Busy trade flow” message may appear, in case that you have not waited for the dealer’s reply on your previous request and you are now making a new one. To resolve this problem, you just need to restart the trading platform.
WHAT SHOULD I DO IF I RECEIVE AN “INVALID ACCOUNT” MESSAGE?
It is possible to receive the “Invalid Account” message, in case you tried to log in by entering a wrong username and/or password, or if your account has expired (applicable to demo accounts).
WHAT SHOULD I DO IF I RECEIVE A “NO CONNECTION” MESSAGE?
- There may be several reasons for that:
- Most likely, the network in your local area might be blocking port 443. You should, therefore, ask your system administrator to specify the proxy server address and the port for internet access. You can also find out this information from your internet browser, by clicking on "Tools" / "Options" / "Connections" / "LAN Setting ...", and re-write the number of the proxy server and the port number. After that, you need to go to the trading platform and click on "Tools" / "Settings" / check the box "Enable proxy server" / click "Proxy" and then add the number of the proxy server and port. In case that you are logging in to connect to the internet, you need to add your credentials in the username and password fields.
- Another reason that this may occur is because the antivirus on your computer is blocking the trading terminal through port 443. What you need to do is disable the antivirus program. If the connection to the server is established, then this was causing the problem. To resolve this, you need to allow port 443 in the settings of your antivirus program or add MetaTrader4 on the list of your allowed programs.
- The final reason might be that you have an old version of the trading platform. If this is the case, you need to update it to the latest version through the LiveUpdate automatic updating system or download the new trading platform from our website and install it over the old version. You can find out which is the current version of your terminal by clicking "Help" / "About" on the menu tab.